Getting the help of a solicitor can be expensive. In a short space of time, fees and expenses can quickly add up.
We always hope that life goes smoothly and that your clients won’t need the help of a solicitor. But our Legal Expenses is a solid safety net if your client has to go to court or legally challenge something that happens to them.
Our Legal Expenses gives your clients up to £100,000 towards a range of legal issues. With Platinum Home Insurance, your client will get this cover as standard. It can also be added to our Gold Home Insurance policy as an optional extra.
Here are some of the ways that Legal Expenses could help your clients with costs and expenses. Please remember Legal Expenses is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations.
Legal Expenses will consider costs and expenses directly caused by:
- your client’s death or personal injury
- your client buying or hiring goods or services for their own private use
- legal action relating to physical damage to your client’s home
- a problem with your client’s employment contract
- Identity fraud
- Tax protection
What's not covered?
As you would expect, there are some exclusions. Our Legal Expenses doesn’t cover:
- Legal cases linked with ownership or occupation of your client’s home in the first 90 days of their policy.
- Breach of your client’s employment contract in the first 90 days of their policy.
- In the case of your client’s death or personal injury, any illness that develops gradually.
- Divorce, dissolution of registered civil partnerships and matrimonial matters.
It’s also helpful to know that the pursuit of legal action may depend on whether the claim is likely to be a success.
To help you offer your clients the right cover, we’ve created a leaflet which includes a full list of exclusions and limitations.